Super Connected Benefits
Faster broadband brings huge benefits to businesses. It enables local businesses to do what they did before but faster, and allows them to explore exciting new ways of doing business.
- increased productivity and competitiveness
- improved access to information and facilitation of innovation
- creation of platforms for business-to-business collaboration
- improved access to markets and opportunities worldwide
- provision of opportunities for businesses to become producers of ultrafast-enabled content and applications
- development of the knowledge-based economy
- increased flexible working and reducing business travel and commuting
- improved access to education and training
Is my business eligible?
The Super Connected Cities scheme is for small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs). For a business to be eligible for the ultrafast broadband funding, it has to conform to the following criteria (which also follow the EU definition of an SME):
- Have up to 249 employees, and turnover no greater than £50 million per annum and/or have a balance sheet of no more than £43 million; and
- Reside within the geographical boundaries (as determined by postcode) of the eligible city.
Eligible applicants also include small office/home office (SOHO) workers and in certain circumstances may include commercial landlords for multi-SME premises.